Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pissants, racketball, and the horse you rode in on

Well, well, well... Hi... Life has been pretty routine, walking around a lot, working. School ended on Friday, so no more of that, went out last night to say goodbye to my Estonian classmate with Paul and the Swedish contigent. But it's been pretty mellow. I've been reading a lot, my sister Michelle gave me the book The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, which I really knew nothing about, so after a few weeks here, I felt like a relaxing night in and opened her up. Shit. What a great book, thanks Mish, I've been a man obsessed. It's like 650 pages or so, which I devoured in 3 days. Then the next day I bought the second, all of similar length mind you, 650-750ish pages, which I finished in 2 days, and bought and read the last one as well. I ended it last night. So basically i've been reading a great deal this last week. So if you like crime, murder mystery, intrigue books, get these and lose yourself for a while, Stieg Larsson was a fantastic author and the books are addictive. I was torn between not wanting the books to end, and wanting my life back.


Yesterday I went to Pompeii and Naples. Pompeii is amazing, the site is so huge, and the frozen people are creepy. But it was beautiful. Naples is cool, totally different feel than Rome, but tasty pizza, whats that place called in Vegas, the Naples pizza joint, it was really just like that. But I gotta admit, I think I like Roman style better. Super thin and crispy, almost like a thin cracker. The standard one person size is like 14 inches, but its so thin one person can gobble that shit right up, and believe me I have. My favorite is the Capriciosa, which has proscuitto, olives, artichoke, hard boiled egg, and sometimes salami. Sounds weird perhaps, but really, it's the shit. Also had a Naples specialty coffee called Nocello, it's espresso with sugar and some kind of cream, it was nice. What else, ohh, had some fish lasagna the other day, un-fuckin-worldly, omg, and I mean that, OMG!!, !!....!

It's Sunday at about 5, everyone going to the Abbey for football, I don't really feel like going,hmmmm. I guess i'll post this and see if I can get motivated, only a week left here, and really only can hang on weekends. I don't know, we'll see. I'll let you know, we'll learn more next post, and until then, be the ball Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment